Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I <3 my Dr.



My physical went great. The office staff were all super nice. I never waited they got right in to the exam room. The nurse did an EKG, eye exam and blood pressure. Then no wait and the doctor was in. They checked me over for everything. The doctor talked to me the entire time. He told what he was thinking as we went through each test. My vision is 20/20, perfect. He said I had good reflexes. Awesome blood pressure, normal thyroid levels(that is the one my mom had me stressing over).Dr.D said if my thyroid was off it would raise my cholesterol and it wouldn't come down till the thyroid was fixed, but that is great too. my HDL and LDL ratio(good and bad) is 2.1 they just want to see you below 4. My kidney levels also normal which he said also made some hormones normal. He wanted to know how often I exercise and what I did for workouts. He then said he should make a video of me for all his other patients to see the benefits of exercise. He said he can't believe how far I run. He also said I workout more then an other patients in his practice. That is pretty cool. I know I don't work out as much as some off you I usually get in 5 sessions and it has been along time since I did two work outs in the same day. Anyhow I am in excellent shape according to my doctor. The only thing he was going to say was my heart rate was low during my EKG, 52 beats a min. I believe. He decided it was normal for me because of my running. So, nothing going on here that would stop my cycle. I was waiting to fallow up with the OB/GYN since I knew he was going to put me on progesteroin and I didn't want to be on anything during my blood work up. Dr.D did say none of the test we did would show if I had a problem with these particular hormone levels. So, I put the call in today for my other doctor to do my fallow up. I am on his call list and should know what he wants to do next by tonight. I was disappointed that I had to call. I haven't herd from the office since my other blood test and ultrasound, which I called in to get my own results with no fallow up call. So, that is all I know for now.

Ok onto funnier stuff. I got a jogger stroller yesterday at Sams club. It only cost $98 and hold a kid up to 5 years of age. Me and Natasha put it together yesterday. I have had a hard time getting my runs in with Danny gone all day. I did get out last night and ran over 5 miles in 41 minutes, which is good considering how inconsistent I have been. I am going to do a 10K on the forth of July. There is a 5K and a 20K too, but 5K is kind of short to me know and I am afraid to push it with the 20K since I don't know how the shins will be. The race is 1 1/2 hours from here, but the place that is hosting it has lots of other stuff going on too. We are just going to make it a family thing. We are going up the night before and were going to stay at a German in and their will be fireworks the night before. For those of you here in MI the race is at Frankenmuth and we are getting a room at the Bavarian Inn.

5 Comments:

Blogger K. Marie said...

I've been to Frankenmuth -- that's where they have the crazy Christmas place, right?

Good for you impressing the doctor with your health stats.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

I hope you hear good news tonight. Sounds like everything is great.

I think making a family thing out of it is wonderful. What a great time you will all have. I'm sure you will do awesome.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great about the doctors results being fine.

I hope everything else sorts itslf out.

GOOD LUCK and yes you can run that race, there's no question of it.

Good luck for that too :-).

Matt

5:07 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great deal on the jogging stroller, looks like a nice one too! I was so lucky last year and found a barely used one at a garage sale for $50 and talked her down to $35, LOL!! She was having another baby and needed a double. This one has the nice shocks too, wooohooo! The 10k sounds fun, to be honest, I really wish that's what I was doing next month, I'd really nervous!! Good luck Mari!! :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Very happy that the whole Dr's thing went well & that you are in SUCH great shape _ but we knew THAT! Hope the follow up with the OBgyn gets yo some more answers..
I think you're gonna LOVE your joggin stroller.. I did mine & ran NO where near as much as you!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home