Monday, April 17, 2006

Good times





Well, I was busy but it was fun. Friday I had to wake Natasha up and get on the road to get Mom from the airport. The flight landed at 8:15am and I live about 55min. from the airport. Luckily due to the holiday the Friday morning rush hour was nothing. We had to go from the airport to my grandma's and then she made us go to breakfast. We got that all done and got ourselves back to my place. I spent the rest of the day baking four bundt cakes. I did the birthday cake the day before and grandma's banana bread had been frozen for a week. Then I had to get ready to go out and deliver 2 of the cakes. Danny got home at 6:30pm and we headed to deliver the cakes. Then we went to Unos for dinner and a few drinks. I wanted to get Natasha a dress so we walked to the store from there. The weather has been great! On our way back from the store we stopped in another bar for another drink. We were home around 11:30pm, I glazed the last bundt cake chated with Mom and went to bed. I woke up the next morning a little dizzy from going to bed drunk and I was tired since I had to be at work by 5:30am. Work was busy since we were closed for Sunday. Danny and my mom came by to deliver the last two bundt cakes. We got out at 9pm and me and my friend from work got ready to go out. I meet up with Danny and we headed to the Locker Room. We had a blast dancing and hanging out. This place does bar flair too, which is pretty theatrical. It was lots of fun. We headed home and Danny remembered he left our tab open. We had to go back so he could close it and get his credit card. We got home around 2:30am and got to bed around 3:30am. Now that I think about it I am not sure how I had the energy for all that. It was a fun time.

Sunday I woke up at 7:45am and hid Easter eggs and put out Natasha, Danny, and my Mom's Easter baskets. Natasha got up at 8:15am. She found half the eggs and then wanted breakfast. I was surprised she did any before breakfast she usually wants her food first. She did great and found all her eggs. Easter was good and Dad didn't go to grandma's with the rest of the family, which made our day. I was tired and got a nap in when Natasha took hers before we headed to grandma's for dinner. Danny hurt his knee. He was having trouble extending and bending it. He woke up that way and wasn't sure what he did. We did a lot of dancing the night before but I know he ran to the car at the end of the night. Hope it heels up quick he is at he hospital working today and has lots of walking to do. They don't get any days off for Easter.

I checked out Melissa's running schedule and it looks pretty fun. I am going to give it a try. I had to read it a few times to understand how they write out the miles to run then the pick ups and intervals after that. It looks like something I might be able to do. I will be planning that for next week. I also decided after over a year to go ahead and buy a heart rate monitor. Hope that helps my training.

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I'm so glad that I'm not hungry right now. Your cakes look so yummy. You've had some late nights the past couple of days. I have a hard time making it past 10:00.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

pretty cakes ! pretty girl! Sounds like another Blend was Enjoying themselves A LOT this weekend ! Good on ya~ :D

8:11 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Shoot! Now I'm hungry after seeing your cakes! It's past 11 pm and it looks like now I'm going to have some chocolate protein powder!

Sounds like a fun & busy weekend! Your daughter is adorable!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh man that cake looks DE-LISH! And Natasha, what a little doll! I'll bet it was so fun watching her with the Easter eggs... :)

YAY! You're going to try the running program, woohooo! You could kick my butt, I know, but it will be cool to have someone doing the same thing. :) Let me know what you think!!!

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a good time at Easter Mari, you deserve it so much. Good to hear you are getting a lot of business work your way, you deserve that so much as well.

I hope the running works out. GOOD LUCK, and don't ever stop smiling, because you should be so, so proud of yourself for everything.

You are doing fantastically well, and it makes me happy for you :-) :-).

Matt

6:13 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Hi mary...great looking cakes! I added you to my blog. I always have to find you the hard way...now you are just a click away! :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Oh to be young again .... I remember those days of late nights and hangovers .... but wait ... oh damn, that cake with the oreos on it ... sumbitch that looks good !

Hope Danny recovers quickly !

2:04 PM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Yum........


Must go hide now, far from thoughts of cake ....

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home