Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My home back home....






I'm feeling home sick. Danny went to MA 2 weeks ago and came back more home sick then ever. He hadn't been home in a while and all the memories made him miss it more. My mom will be here Friday and I can't wait. When we moved here we came from a house in Plymouth on a private road by a private beach. Our house is down the street from the ocean, 1,000 feet to be exact. We know that because of insurance coverage on the house. If you live closer then 1,000 feet you must buy flood insurance. We would never need it though because we are above sea level...by a lot. This is my house and the view at the end of my road. We love this cliff, butt it is difficult and slow going to get back up it. The best time to be on this beach is 4th of July. We bring a sheet and lay on the sand and watch fireworks. We can see fireworks to the right from Cape Cod and to the left Plymouth and in the middle our neighbor does a great display every year.

9 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

WOW! That's gorgeous property.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

I can see how you'd miss it. I can't imagine not being near the ocean. I just love it. My in-laws live in Salisbury at the beach and we love to go and visit often.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'd be homesick, too. It's beautiful. I've never been to the east coast... except a brief business trip to Philadelphia two summers ago. So do you have a Massachusetts accent?

10:14 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

I can see why you're homesick. The property is absolutely gorgeous!

1:16 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Beautiful Mari!! I've only seen the ocean a handful of times, so I can't imagine actually living there then having to leave. I just loved it. Thanks for sharing the pics, it looks so peaceful.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Hypertrophy said...

Awesome view !!!!

I see those steps up that sand hill, and i see an awesome workout calling my name ! :)

2:12 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

NIIIIIICE I waana come visit there! it looks soooo pretty & serene... I've never been to the East Coast either...*sigh* ..one day..

10:00 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

It looks so peaceful there! My kind of place! And OMG, I've always wanted to visit Cape Cod!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm homesick for it and I've never been there! It's lovely.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home