Wednesday, May 03, 2006

update

Well, I had called my OB/GYN and the receptionist put me on his call back list. He must have had to go to the hospital because he never called. Hopefully he calls today. Thanks everyone for your sweet comments.

Karenna, yes the do it for Christmas and go all out. I hear it is quite a site.

Melissa, your running schedule is awesome. You will do just fine in your 20K and if I ran as often as you do I would sigh up to do it too. When I did the Detroit half marathon I was only up to 7 miles every other day. The four weeks before I was told by my PT to increase a mile on my run for the next for weeks. I went up each week 4, 5, 6, and 7. I doubted my ability to cross the finish line standing. The race atmosphere and adrenaline will have you flying. I think you will be surprised what you can do on race day. Are your running times what you did with a jogger in toe?

8 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Well, I hope you hear something soon, I know how it is to wait, and I hate it.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

My doctor's assitant called me today- completely unexpected. I fill out a report every night and it flags him if something is wrong. I was nauseous all day Monday, just the flu, I think, and he told her to call me and check in. So weird because I'm used to doctor's never calling back. Hope you hear something soon.

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Mari. I am confident you will be fine, and I am thinking of you, and giving you my very best.

You'll come through this, you're a truly amazing woman, so be strong, and most of all keep being you :-).

Matt

11:46 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Just catching up on your blog. Glad to hear that your doctor's appt. went well! Hope you hear back from the other doc soon!

I'm still amazed at how fast you run! You will do great on your race!

4:11 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey girl, thanks for the support! It really helps to hear that you were running around 7mi when training for your 1/2marathon. I really hope you're right, I'm excited and nervous at the same time. My times are definitely NOT with a jogger!! I wish! No, I go when Aiden is still sleeping in the morning, or while he's napping in the afternoon. (Don't worry, there's always someone in the house with him, I never leave him alone, lol!) So you're liking the training schedule? It's pretty challenging for me but it's really giving me some serious improvement.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Hope you hear something soooon! keep us updated ok hon?

4:14 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I called my doctor today to go on the call back list. I explained I didn't get my call Tuesday. She said she knew he did a ton of calls Wednesday. Well, I didn't get one. So, he isn't in today she told me I have to call back Friday to be re-put(is that a word) on a list to get called.
When I do hear from him he is going to tell me our next step to get my cycle started. So, Friday I hope to hear from him.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

We just got a jogger stroller yesterday. Now if I get my ass in gear I can run behind it like I know you will be.

Good luck with the doc.

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home