Tuesday, May 09, 2006

You think you know but you have no idea...

My 25....

1.I have been told by many I have an old soul.

2.I'm a cancer I fit the description very well. Funny thing my mom and brother are Gemini but I have a twin:)

3.I lived in Michigan for 10 years in Massachusetts for 13 before moving back to Michigan with my husband. That was 3 years ago, it feels like yesterday.

4.I defend everyone even total strangers. I give the benefit of doubt much more then I should.

5.I have always worked since the age of 16. I have had 4 jobs
1)KFC 2)Certified nurses aid 3)Home health aid 4)MRI Technologist..I love my job

6.I am close to my mom. My mother walked me down the isle. She went through hell trying to protect us from a rough childhood.

7.I can honestly say my father doesn't know me. He wasn't home much when I was young and well see #3. He once threatened the life of me my sister and brother by knife point. I have been in MI 3 years and still only see him on holidays. He is lucky to have held Natasha or exchange hugs with my family.

8.I am a peace keeper. I gave my father a speaking part in the wedding in attempt to smooth things out.

9.I have an identical twin 26, but she is prettier then me. I have a brother 27 and 3 step sisters 17, 15, and 12.

10.I bungie jumped once..it was a blast.

11.I have a history of depression. I once overdosed on night time pain meds and wondered if I would wake up in the morning. I woke up. Four years later I hit all time low. I battled anorexia at 5'9" my lowest weigh in was 115. In the world of ED I was a late bloomer.

12.I believe in God I am spiritual. I do not believe I need organized religion.

13.I love to dance. My husband likes to dance too. I never took a dance class because we couldn't afford it.

14.My favorite music is techno/psychotrans. It is fun to dance to.

15.I am shy and often don't know what to say. I am very aware of this and have come a long way. If I have to I fake it and put myself out there.

16.I am a great friend and was always the girl my friends went to when the shit hit the fan. If I say I am going to call I do. Almost all my current friends I meet in high school. Except my best bud we meet in 4th grade.

17.My husband brings out the best in me. He has taught me many things about me and showed me how to be me. I could have easily been sucked in by a controlling man.

18.My daughter has taught me many things she is more special then I could ever imagine. Being a mother is the most diffcult, demanding, amazingly wonderful experiance I have ever had.

19.I consider being called a girlie girl an insult.

20. I love vacations to tropical places. I love walking the beach and swimming. You just can't beat a resort with a swim up bar!

21.I collect bathing suits and have more then I can count off the top of my head. I have a small collection of beach rocks that Danny brought me from times he was on the beach without me.

22.In high school I was in the color guard and winter guard. I flipped flags and rifles with my sister and two cousins. In the spring me and my sister ran track, we were not very good and the couch hardly talked to us.

23.I hardly drink maybe once a month or every few months. When I do drink I never waste a buzz butt never get out of control. I smoked on and off from age 17-23. I still like a smoke while having a drink. I tried pot when I was 16 and have tried it on and off. I never buy it if I do it I must be home and in for the night. I hate to feel out of control and after I smoke I wish I hadn't. I have never tried any other drug and never ever would.

24.I don't believe in fate or jinx. Everything that happens in the world is due to a decision or action that somebody has made.

25.I stooped eating meat when I was12 years old. My mom made me eat poultry due to her seafood allergy. I have have never looked back, if it does not swim or fly I wont eat it. My sister has been converted and enjoys hamburgers on a weekly bases.

This was hard to get started but in the end I could have gone on and on. I think it took at least 2 hours. So, now you know me a little more.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm not going to get on my high horse about the smoking thing, though that did surprise me :-o.

I'm sorry about your father, I can't pretend to know, how having a father like yours must be like. I can't say anything magical to change how you feel, or change your view of him either.

All I can say is, you've done well to not let anything he's done, turn you into an introvert, or someone who is anti-social.

You've come out the other side with flying colours, so I think you should be proud of that.

Take care :-).

Matt

6:02 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Thanks for sharing that. I keep finding more and more to share and just added #'s 26-35 to mine.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

I already did 26 thr 50 and I have another 25 to share...but I will wait a bit. I loved your post Mari!You and I have many similarities. I loved the insult "girlie girl". I am so that way too. Don't call me high maintenance...it's fighting words! :)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm glad you woke up :) So many interesting things about you. I don't believe the part about your twin being prettier than you. But I grew up thinking my sister (2 years apart) was the pretty one and I was the smart one. Funny how those childhood impressions last forever. Although when we look at pictures of us as kids, we always argue about who was the cutest. She thinks she holds the title.

10:14 AM  
Blogger K. Marie said...

Good list, Mari. I agree with the old soul, too. There's something about you -- even through writing anonymity -- that makes me feel both comforted and like you could use some comfort. (A hug. :-))

Yes, girly girl is an insult to me, too! OK, except after having my daughter I've discovered pink and purple and cute shoes maybe aren't so bad ... but please, please don't let her give up her dinosaurs for Disney Princess!!

10:15 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

What a great list.
Thanks for sharing!

I totally agree with you on the being a mom part.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Hypertrophy said...

#1 didn't surprise me at all. I kinda sensed that from your posts both here and at tracker over the months.

I do have to say I am surprised you were not a track or cross country star in high school .. especially given the running you do now. That was one of things that I first admired about you, was your pure love for running.

Great list Mari !

12:34 PM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Good job, Mari!

I, too, loved your comment about your husband. What an awesome relationship you two must have!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

You have and old and BEAUTIFUL soul, Mari.

I loved your list!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

finally checking in on everyone... sorry the Dr is being a twit! :( Love the list ! Nice to know there are other "old souls" around ;) & I loved the comments about your hubby too!

10:47 PM  
Blogger Steven said...

Great list. I love these lists. You learn so much about people. I too sometimes feel like I don't have anything to say, but can do a good job of faking it. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home