Sunday, June 18, 2006

testing testing...

I did a test run today. I went to the gym swam 400m and then went outside and ran 2 miles. This is exactly what I need to do on Tuesday night. I will be in a lake and I wont need to get my stuff from a locker before the run, but it gave me an idea of what is to come. I have been referring to this race as the small one since it is just a 1/4 mile swim and 2 mile run. Well let me tell yah it didn't feel short. The swim was hard and I was often out of breath. When I was half done with my laps I had to brake it down in my head. I started my count back to one and when I was half way through that last half I talked myself through the last 5 lengths of the pool. Then I was off into the locker room got on some shorts and shirt got out the door and the gym bag in the car. I hit the road and my legs did feel ready to run till at least 1/2 mile. I was glad I only had 2 miles on the road. It went well and I am very glad I did a test run. I am excited to do the race with a few nerves mixed in. The weather forecast has shifted should be sunny and clear no thunder storms to cancel the race. The lake temp is now up to 72 degrees wooohooo!!! I ran 5 miles this morning before work and I am hoping since I wont be doing that on race day I wont be as wiped out as I am right now. Well, with that said I going to crash. Hope all you guys had a great fathers day.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOod LUCK Mari, I know you cna od this :-).

Matt

6:13 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Matt sweety are you drunk ;)

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I just type quickly. Just sometimes my fingers dis-engage from my brain :P

Matt

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Great to hear about the test run! Hope all goes well for the actual event.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good luck! I really admire you for doing this. I swam laps in my pool tonight and boy was it tough.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Good luck Mari! You are going to do awesome!! Can't wait to hear hos it goes!

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home