Thursday, June 01, 2006

Cheri syndrome

Ha ha no not really. I am sooo tired and drained. I going to blame it on my work outs because they have been hard this week. Sunday I ran 6 miles Monday was a 60 min. Cycle class and a day filled with sun and in and out of the pool. Then Tuesday I did another 60 min. Cycle class and walked 5 miles in the 90 degree heat. Wednesday was a 75 min. total conditioning class. This was only the second time I went to this one. I found it to be great not to hard and it was fun great music. The instructor was great and can you believe she did this after running a marathon on Sunday. Thursday was 60 min. Cycle and boy am I tired. Tomorrow I have a 75 min. Strong class which I am loving. This Friday will be my 3rd week in a row and with the new schedule comes one for Tuesday that I hope to fit in my schedule. So, I am blaming my tiredness on good workouts.

My new goal is a race that is short but involves running and swimming. I don't know how I will do with that so I will try doing some laps in the pool before I sign up. The race is short 400m swim and a 2 mile run. They will have one every few weeks for the east side of the state. The distance goes up as the summer goes on. The next one is June 20th and that is the one I hope to do. It is a fun race and was deigned to help train for triathalons or dulathons. I think it will be a fun yet scary place to start on my future goal of triatholan sprint race.


Tomorrow night is the Red Sox vs Tigers and my date with Danny. I hope the rain holds out so we can go. After that I work my weekend and then fly out Monday at 9:00am for Mass. I have not been to a game since I lived back home and went into Fenway. I can't wait to see the game and to just get out for the night.

Last night I ran out to the store right as the rain started. I love MI rain it is extreme compared to Mass. You could see it up the street pouring down I drove right into it. You drive through it like a water fall. It was raining on one side of the street and not the other. I love the thunder and how the sky opens up and the rain pours down. In Mass. it sprinkles then works its way up to down pour. It's not as amazing. Can you tell I love a good thunder storm.

OK babycakes is in trouble have to run no time to proof read hope this came out OK.





9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Oh, so you're coming this way, yay! I hope the weather is nice for you. Great job on all the workouts. You've been busy. Good for you for trying the swimming/running. I wanted to take this class that they are offering at the gym starting this month, it's a triathalon class, running, biking and swimming, but it's on Sunday mornings at 7:30 and that's just a great day for me.

5:18 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Great job on the workouts! Can I have some of your energy?

Those running/swimming events sound fun and challenging. I'm confident you will do well.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't think I'm gettign a bit in your face here Mari, I'm honestly not :-).

The tiredness could be due to overtraining.

You're averaging about 65 minutes a day, bearing in mind the time spans, of 60-75 minutes with every cardio session, then there's probably some weights too.

What I would say is, you need to carefully monitor what you're doing, because if your weights start to suffer, or you flag during Cardio like you haven't before, and feel it longer afterwards, those would be strong indicators of overtraining, or going stale.

A good way to combat that would be to cut the Cardio back, (stuff not done in classes), by about 20 minutes, and initially take 3-4 days completely out of the gym, to get some solid recovery.

This might help you get over any overtraining you experience, as you could be in the first stages, and you could also make your muscle mass suffer by burning some of it off, with too much Cardio.

Anyway good luck, and keep us posted on how you get on. I hope you're not starting to "go stale" as it were, but I wish you lots of luck, and I hope you continue to get great results.

You deserve them :-).

Matt

6:11 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I wish I could blame my syndrome on overtraining. But I have a syndrome named after me! Yay!

I loved your description of the rain. Rain like that really creates a mood, doesn't it? Reminds you that nature is bigger than all of us.

The swimming/running things sound kind of fun, building up like that.

Oh, and you "little girl/no longer a baby" picture- SO CUTE!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

WOW! No wonder you are tired!
Hope you have a great weekend!

11:59 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Tag! You're it! Check my blog for the "Five Things" list...Play along if you like.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Great to chat with ya this AM! hope the Date is going well! ;)

Love the pics... *sigh* she's still a baby.. believe me.. I just sent mine off for the WHOLE weekend to guides camp.. so yours is still baby hon :)

As to the tiredness ummmm YEAH!!! that is a SERIOUS amount of work you're doing! WOW~
Good for you for Aiming for those events! :D

9:17 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow girl, you are really workin your butt off. Yes, maybe it is due to overtraining. You are a smart woman though, I think you know your limits. Keep up the hard work and just know when to slow things down a bit. :)
I love thunderstorms too, as long as there's no threat of tornado. Then I'm the one plastered to the tv screen waiting for the weatherman to shout "TAKE COVER!". That I don't find too cool. LOL Sounds like you've gotten some beautiful rainfall there though.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home