Friday, November 03, 2006

What's up?

What's up with me? I applied to school. I was originally just meeting with counselors to see what class I should take to get into a nurse program. Well, the school closest to me accepts my associates from Mass. and I don't need any classes to apply. Just need to do there 6 credit A&P and a nutrition course before it starts up. The application process is free, so I applied. They are very competitive lots of applicants. You get into the program based on an admissions test and GPA. That is it no interview or personal history. Which stinks for me I have been working in health care since I was 17 and already did a similar program when I became an X-ray technologist. The admissions test for me will be Dec. 18th and I should have a study guide soon. The exam is 4 hours long, yikes. According to the counselor I talked to my GPA at 3.6 puts me at the bottom half of the list. That is how competitive it is lots of 4.0s, so I have to do good on the test. The test is 50% and GPA 50% of your placement. I didn't expect to even have a chance this year so will see what happens. I should be finding a second job not a new career. We just lost our tenets and will have to go back to paying mortgage on the house. So, it was worth a try we will see.

Other then that just getting ready for a busy month. Lots of birthdays in my family this month including Danny and my bestfriends baby will be 1. We also have our 5 year anniversary and of course Thanksgiving.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK Mari. My best wishes, and thoughts are with you right now.

I hope you do really well, and I know you'll be fantastic at anything you do.

:-) :-).

Matt

8:10 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Lots comming up in your world it looks like! Now why do you wanna switch ?? just curious...as a nurse sometimes I think it might be easier on the bod to be doing something a bit more technical like you are :)

10:19 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Good luck, Mari! Hope the exam goes well!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Hey Mari, thanks for stopping by, I know I haven't been great at keeping posting lately. The 5 mile race is on Nov. 19th. I'm hoping that it won't be too cold. My running has been going well. Hopefully that will keep up.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home