Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I<3ibuprofen

9-22 7.6 mile run
9-23 825 meter swim
9-25 4.3 mile run

I have been getting pain in the front and side of my right lower leg when I start running. It usually stops mid run. Friday was pretty bad the entire time. I did Mondays run on the treadmill for the extra surface forgiveness. That was good I needed to get in 3 miles and made it 4.3. The treadmill is just so boring compared to outside. After that run my leg felt fine. I decided to run the next morning and then two full days off before doing my 20 miler. Thursday. This was my finale peak weak for mileage. I got up at 5:00am to run before Danny went to school. I did make it to the side walk but I couldn't even run to the mail box. I had to limp my gate was off. The pain shot through my calf from the front of my leg every take off and landed. It hurt wicked bad. I stopped at the mail box and went back to bed.

I love my doctor. So, glad I switched my primary in March. They took at 2:30pm and encourged me just to bring Matisse no need for a babysitter. She did awesome with my doctor even though he is tall deep voiced gentleman. He said the pain in my calf is from the blood which came from the tendons in the front of my shin. He said I can't do anything for 10 days. Not even a bike ride. I have to have an ultrasound to rule out thrombosis in my giant veracious vein. I tried to push him to see what are next step was. He said if I don't stop I wont make 26 miles. Well I can't run anyway so I wont even try. I just hurts so bad and last time I hurt my tendons it was a long recovery with lots of steps forward followed by a step back. So, I wonder if it is logical at this point to think I can still do it. October 29th isn't very far away from now. He said I will here from him Tuesday and will go from there. Bummer :(
I wasn't acutely bummed after I saw him, I was just happy he said it wasn't bone and he didn't say I wouldn't make it to the marathon.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mari, if there is something I can say at this juncture, is that you are a quite mentally and emotionally strong person.

This might seem like a tough thing to hear from the Doctor, but the 29th, is just over 3 weeks after your layoff will be over.

So a good 3 weeks to recover lost ability, from a 10 day layoff.

Your aerobic abilites are nothing short of awesome, and you are capable of so much Mari, enen if right now it feels like your Athletic journey, has come to a possible halt.

It hasn't, and the main thing is, to be strong, keep smiling, and keep focusing on the day, you can really get back to it again.

10 days is not much, and you'll have plenty of time to focus and plan for the following 20 days, allowing for the fact day 21 will be a rest day before your run.

YOU CAN do this Mari, and I for one will always back you 100%, and I know you are capable of so much, so just be your amazing self, and don't let anything get you down.

You will be stronger for this at the end.

GOOD LUCK and best wishes. You are inspiring, and a real superstar talent, and your future is going to bright and successful, just like you deserve it to be.

Take care

:-) :-).

Matt

6:53 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

So sorry to hear of your injury. Hopefully with that rest you'll be back to running again. I'm already off on the running calendar you gave me. I've been running more, oops! I did 7 miles on Saturday, 6.5 Monday, my legs have been feeling really good.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

WOW... yiiikes take it easy darlin! Guess you could sit down & play barbies or somethin for a while! ;P

9:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Mari -

So sorry! I thought after that run on Monday you were on your way back and away from the issues...listen to the doc; I hope it is something that will recovery quickly! Hang in there!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:24 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Give your body some rest girl...good vibes sent your way.

Also, I've moved, so sorry for the inconvenience!!

http://melissabfitnessblog.blogspot.com/

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home