Thursday, September 07, 2006

There is no crying in Triathlons!

I went to the lake tonight to do a practice swim. I set up a transition for the bike just like I will for Saturday. It was beautiful outside warm and calm the sun was headed down. I swam a few lengths of the swimming area. It was awful just bad. It felt so hard I couldn't catch a rhythm. I tried to go slow focus on form. How the hell do people roll there hips up on the side anyway? I ended up working myself up. All I could think was "this is so hard". It just kept going through my head "this is so hard, this is so hard". Luckily the water here wasn't over my head because I began to hyperventilate. I fought back a big pathetic cry fest. I swam a couple more times. I never got better. I got out changed for the bike leg and rode to the bike trail. I did a quick ride. I just wanted to let my body feel some fast paddling. I think I went 1.75 miles all together. When I got back to the lake I went ahead and cried. It was hard. I know I can finish but it will be hard. I am excited to do the race I really am. I sure could use a swim lesson. It is a little late for that. I decided I need a new saying for the swim. Since the one I got makes me hyperventilate which my be counter productive. I need to get to bed. I get to go to Monroe tomorrow and get my race packet, very exciting.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mari, don't worry. You are going to do fine :-).

I know what you're capable of, we all do, and almost nothing will stop you proving that to anyone who cares to notice.

You have achieved so much, and you have come so far. This is your chance to shine, and your chance to show people, you are an athlete, and a big talent.

You'll get better at this, and you really do have the heart and dedication of a champion, and the ability to become a champion. I don't doubt that at all, you shouldn't either :-).

WELL DONE Mari for all the hard effort, and keep on being the excellent Mother and sportswoman you truly are. Your time is now, your time deserved, and you'll do well, and build on that for the future.

You are a true star, and I'm certainly very proud to be supporting you. I don't doubt your abilities at all.

Your heart, courage, and determination are fantastic.

GOOD LUCK. Natasha will be very proud of her amazing Mother in a few years, when she can appreciate what you do better :-).

Have an awesome day and keep smiling. You deserve to feel fantastic. WELL DONE again.

:-) :-).

Matt

6:12 AM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

How about "I am so tough because this is so hard and notice how I'm one of the few in this obesity-ridden country that's even out here attempting it!"?

Seriously, you are tough and completely capable.

9:50 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

I think you are so awesome for doing this and I know you will do great.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Janel said...

Oh my goodness...is it TODAY?????
I am so nervous for you!!! And yes, you DEFINETLY need a new mantra! LOL how bout "I am incredibly strong.......I am in the zone...I am incredibly strong....I am in the zone" and then separate your brain from your body and pretend you are actually a robot that swims.

YOU CAN DO TI!!!! You ARE A SPECIMEN!!!!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

I'm proud of you already. To know what you are doing is going to be so hard and to still do it is awesome. That's where I usually back down. You inspire me to be harder on myself. Good luck saturday.

Lori

6:51 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

OH damn. I just realized today is saturday. THat's what happens when you work weird days on and off. Hope it went well.

Lori

6:52 PM  
Blogger Janel said...

OK now are you still alive???? Did you do it??? How did it goooooooooooo.....WHERE ARE YOU we wanna know how it went!!!!!!!!!!????????

9:47 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

checking in to see how things went... Welll???

5:47 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

I'm alive but I did have to work a 16 hour day today(sunday).:D

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home