Saturday, September 02, 2006

Lori...

I dropped 5 dollars while doing my bike ride last night. If you find it you can keep it.

I was freaking out when I went to the web site to get some info on the triathlon. Looks like I was so excited to find a triathlon to replace the one I was to do August 9th that I never realized it is a bit longer. It is still considered a sprint but I thought the bike leg was 12 miles. When I realized it will be 14.7 well I freaked. I have since calmed my nerves by going for a 16 mile bike ride. I run is slightly longer too. I thought it was a 5K(3.2) and turns out it is 3.7 miles and well bring on the running at least I know I can handel that. Although I had to walk my bike for a moment during the ride and my legs were junk. I was all wobble how I am expected to walk let alone run after over an hour of swimming and biking is beyond me. I am getting wicked excited about the entire event. Today at 9am I was off the wall at work because one week from that moment I would be taking off for the swim leg. How cool is that. I'm just excited and nervous but all in a good way, for now. Anyway it is a 500 meter swim fallowed by 14.7 mile bike ride fallowed by the 3.7 mile run. Wish you could come with me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wolfie said...

OMG! You're on a roll today, aren't you? Too funny! And girl, you're killing me with this cardio lately! I tell you what, I'll do your lifting workouts for you, if you do my cardio workouts. How's that sound?

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't need to worry Mari. I really, really believe that you will be able to do this.

I know you can do it, and I have ultimate belief in you, so try not to freak out too much.

You are a very, very good athlete, and your potential is bigger than maybe you realise, but this race will prove just how far you have come, and just how proud of yourself, you should be.

You deserve to feel amazing, and your training efforts are outstanding. You really are producing some fist class sessions, and improving daily, and nobody, but nobody at that event, will be safe from you, they will definitely have to be at the top of their game.

I know you are going to be brilliant, and YOU ARE brilliant, so keep going, keep smiling, keep your chin up, and be strong.

Your work rate is fantastic, and your race result will be fantastic too.

GOOD LUCK Mari, you are a real inspiration and a true shining star.

:-) :-)

Matt

4:58 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

Hey, I wish I found your five dollars. When I went canoeing one time I happened to look down in the water and found a 20 dollar bill. So of course the rest of the trip I had to keep staring down into the water and actually found some one dollar bills. I'm hooked on canoeing now. Looks like I need to huh? I guess the money just comes out of their pockets when they go into the water to pee.

Triathlon...wow, you are brave. I was just reading aobut one in a magazine. I can't stand the competing thing, it makes me nervous to the point of almost being sick. I think that is why I am not rushing on competing in figure. It just kills me.

Lori

6:32 PM  
Blogger Janel said...

Oh my gosh, just hearing you tlak about it gets me all nervous for you. I am SO excited for you!! AHHH! That is such a long ways, but I KNOW you can do it.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

Wicked excited! I love that. At leat you found out now about how much further everything is, rather than on the day of the race. Now that would've been almost funny.

11:39 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

WOW WOW WOW
I'm tired just from reading it.
You are going to do great!

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home