Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Light House mile 1

That is the light house at mile one of the Falmouth Road Race. I have been there 4 times. When I was little my moms work use to sponsor the race. She was the banner at the one mile mark. I went with her 2 out of the three years she worked this spot. When I was in seventh grade me and my cousin ran it together. We were under trained but it was a big deal for us. The forth time I was at this light house was when my boss got me to run it again in 2001. I thought I was awesome because I did it in under 2 hours. The race runs along the shore on Cape Cod. It is always full of talent. The Kenyans warm up by running from the finish line to the start. They even have wheel chairs that lead the race. It is an amazing site! The first mile is packed and it is a wave of people winding the road. I tried to enter this race when I found out I would be in Massachusetts the weekend of the race. The registration was closed by then I couldn't afford the charity entry of $750 dollars. I gave up on running it and found my self the triathlon sprint in Lowell for the same morning. I just got the news from a friend that she has a number for me to run Falmouth. How shocking after being let down that I couldn't enter and then looking forward to the triathlon. As soon as I found out I had a number in Falmouth I knew I could give up the sprint tri for a seven mile race. The answer to my dilemma was to find another triathlon to do. That is what I did! I am even more excited about this sprint triathlon then the original. It will be September 9th in Monroe MI. I paid for my spot switched out my weekend shift and got a babysitter. This means I get to do both! Speaking of Monroe Steve you up for a triathlon? You can do it it's a short one.
Falmouth Road Race August 13th
French Town triathlon sprint September 9th


http://www.falmouthroadrace.com/


http://www.3disciplines.com/index.php?option=com_events&task=view_detail&Itemid=&agid=43&year=2006&month=09&day=09

13 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

OH Christ!!! I was just going to call you out on that one. I actually found that pic on line by doing a google for road races, Cape Cod. Damn!!!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Sorry I beat ya by 1 second lol.I just posted seconds ago.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

And I was so excited that I actually found it. Yeah, I know, it doesn't take much.

That's awesome that you're running it though. I'll be at the Cape this whole weekend. A girls only weekend away at the spa, how nice. I can't wait!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK Mari. I know you can do well at the road race, and the Triathlon too. Just the kind of things you are plenty capable of, and maybe, if you get an aamazing time, which I think you could possibly do, it might allow you to progress to a race, where all the people are of a quite elite standard.

Are the road race or Tri-athlon potential qualifiers for anything?

Anyway, keep up the hard work. You should be so proud of yourself, I'm routing for you, and I know you can do so well.

You trained hard to prove your athletic status, and you're proving again, what an athlete you are.

I'm happy for you :-).

Matt

9:07 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

The road race is a qualifier for some marathons. Not sure which ones. This race is full of talent and speed. Elites are by invite only with a chance at prize money. The race is so big we are released in groups corralled at the starting line.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

Oh and since my friend found an extra number for me I wont be running under my own nmae. bummer

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could choose your own name, you know like the Mighty Atom, or Power Queen something like that ;-) ;-).

Matt

10:56 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Very pretty pic ...& even neater stories..thanks for sharing! :D

1:34 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the spider vein advice! Maybe I will try and make at least some of my runs a little less intense.

Your upcoming race sounds awesome! Good luck with your training. I bet you will do great!

3:09 PM  
Blogger leslie said...

How fun how everything worked out! Looking forward to hearing the results...best of luck!

7:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You are awesome Mari, what an athlete. Look at you go, running in all these events! I'm looking forward to hearing all about them. I sure wish I lived closer to you.

11:14 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Good luck, Mari! You're going to kick butt! Looking forward to hearing the results!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Janel said...

I would be so super scared to to anythign like that...How cool!!! You are my idol!!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home