Monday, July 31, 2006

The count down begins

I had a funny picture for you guys but my photo up load has issues. So, what is up? I am busy with work. It will be a crazy month on the job. I have some extra time this week. I am feeling the crunch for the race. My soon to be bike is in Mass. getting a much needed tune up. The bike is Dannys and it hasn't been ridden in over 5 years. The cycle shop is dipping it in a solution and cleaning all the gears. Danny tells me this makes it like new. How cool and all that for 42 dollars. Wednesday I meet up with a co worker to barrow a wet suit. Hope I wont need it, but just in case. I would hate to not be able to race if they don't let me in the cold water. If anyone knows how to find the water temperature of the Merrimack river in Lowell Mass. please let me know.

I have not been mentally on top of my game. I was thrown off with all that has been going on. Lori being here the wedding working and Danny's school. Lori stayed at my Aunts and had no car, so I didn't get the extra early workouts in I was looking forward to. The lack of workouts before the race is mentally taking a toll. I felt paralyzed not sure where to start. Well, that doesn't help much when you need to get your but moving. So, I decided to fake it get into it and then let my routine fall into place. I guess you could say I punished myself for not finding time to train. This is what I have been up to.

Wednesday-Return from trip up-north with Nikki and Lori
Thursday- Drive Lori to airport
Friday/punishment day...but it was fun-60 min. Cycle class in AM a 9.02 mile run in evening.
Saturday-work 16 hours
Sunday-run 4.5 then work 16 hours
Today I need to swim I already told Danny and he is going to kick me out of the house when he gets in from school. It is just one of those things I can't do with Natasha.

13 days till race day!!!!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly said...

Those photos of teaching Natasha "Cheers" are so adorable! And you look fantastic in green in the wedding photo.

Hope you got your swim in and that you aren't overtraining to make up for the missed days :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Details, details! When are coming to MA, how long, etc.......

11:17 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

No clue where Pembroke is, I've heard of it though. Well, let me know what we could do about meeting up. I'm willing to drive anywhere. I don't know what you plan on doing while your in Mass., besides the race of course.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT Mari.

You've proven what you are a capable of and you won't dissapoint I'm sure of that.

Keep up the hard work, keep smiling, and try not to worry too much. You should be so proud of yourself, and you're going to be fine.

I have complete belief in you, as a winner, athlete and successful person :-).

GOOD LUCK

Matt

11:54 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

"Punishment Day" that's funny, I need like.....10 of those right now. 13 days!! WOW!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

I hope things slow down for you soon, and you get to breathe! Take it easy girl!

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home