Monday, August 07, 2006

TRAINING......


Well finished up another weekend at work. Yesterday was rough I haven't been that tired in a long time. Today I will be packing me and Natasha for our trip to Massachusetts. We have to leave here at 4:00am tomorrow. Other then that I am just trying to get some training in for the triathlon. I was reading some different schedules and it just made me see how far behind I am. At this point I wont be able to catch up with it all. The race is September 9th that gives me just 4 weeks to be ready. I am going to do what I can. I can't make up for lost weeks so I am just going to focus on training the best I can before race day. Training last week was only a few days but the workouts where good, I had two 60 min. spin classes and after one I got a chance to run a mile and see how that feels. After riding the bike my legs where tight. I did make it to the lap pool for a 400 meter swim. Plus two runs a 4.5 miler and a 10 miler. I had to wait for the heat to brake last week to run. The 10 mile run was Thursday at 5:00am. This way the sun wasn't up when I left. The run took 1 hour 33 min. and was my first 10 mile run since the 1/2 marathon in October. So, I am at the start of a new week and Sunday I swam 600 meters in the pool before work. Today I scheduled myself a short run. I am back to logging my training and planning my schedule weeks in advance. I think this will help me feel ready. I can't wait to get to MA to get the bike. My father in-law got Danny's old bike a tune up. It came to $72 dollars and he says it rides fine with new tiers and washed gears. I also got a new pair of cycle shoes thanks to my friend at work. She is doing awesome I got her into running last April and last week she ran a 16 miler in preparation for the Detroit marathon. So that is about it for now just packing and training. My mom does finally have a computer so I should be able to check in. I run the Falmouth Road Race Sunday the 13th. That is all for now have run Natasha just woke up.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD LUCK Mari, and keep up all the hard work. You are honestly doing brilliantly, and you should be so proud of yourself.

You're going to be amazing at the Tri-athlon, and you deserve this opportunity.

You are very, very talented.

:-) :-) :-).

Matt

7:36 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Keep it up girl ..Cool shoes!

9:44 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Good luck with your training, Mari! Nice shoes!

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home