Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Just 3 more days

The wonderful Nancy & me at the gym.
Nancy meet up with me Monday to take me through inclines on the treadmill. She did this to determine my heart rate zones for the new monitor. She also showed me how to use the foot pod. It can tell my pace and distance while running! How awesome is that. Nancy was super sweet as always even though I was a few minutes late. She did this on her own time just for me. I feel special, Thanks Nancy. I got to ride the bike to the gym which was nice. The ride home was even better, warmer with lots of sunshine. Needless to say I took the long way home.
I am very tired and not doing a good job this week relaxing or getting enough sleep. I had trouble sleeping the night before and then got up and worked a 16 hour day. By the time I got home got some stuff done went to bed it was getting late. Natasha got up at 7:00am. This is the earliest she gets up, bummer. My mind wont stop there is so much to be done before Saturday.
My wet suit came in the mail! Woohoo. Man that thing feels wired. I put it on and it is so tight you can see where my belly bottom is. I need to get one swim in with it on and it will be my only swim this week. I just have no clue how I am going to do it. I can't go to the lake with Natasha. Danny has school and Friday I have a sitter but that is to go to the doctor and drive to Monroe for my race packet and info. Then if I find someone to watch her do I go swim in the lake alone. I need to practice transition too and if I make it to the lake I am including it. I will have to run out of the water get the suit off. Which is like trying to peel off your own skin. Then I hope to practice putting on my bike gear on while wet. I am going to ask my friend Dawn to watch Natasha for an hour this afternoon. She had her most of the day yesterday and she has kiddos of her own. One of which just started school. So, hope I can get her but don't want to where her out. Then she lives near one of the parks and I can go there. You have to do what you have to do I guess. Just not looking forward to doing it on my own.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you Mari.

Firstly I have to say, I like the new look you. The hair definitely adds a little more maturity, and character to your face.

Very flattering on you :-).

I also want to wish you all the best, and I want to say if you want to, please feel free to print this next part out, if you want any last minute words to read, before the race :-)


Mari, for you this particular road has been long, and the journey tough, but you have given your all, and proven that you are a winner, no matter where you finish, and that you deserve to be called an athlete.

Keep following your heart and your passion, because it's taken you somewhere amazing, and you've earned the right to feel amazing too.

Whatever happens in the race, this is only one step on a long stairway, to your sporting zenith, but you can succeeed, and you can be strong, and do well, so don't worry about anything, or anyone.

Time will prove your abilities, and time will go on to further build on your athletic potential, and further shape you as a person.

GOOD LUCK, trust in yourself, and trust in your head and your heart, and you will achieve an a amazing result, and go on to greater achievements.

You should be very proud of yourself.

My strength and support are with you.

Matt a.k.a Brit-man



No worries about that, if you don't need it, but the words are there now, and for the day if you need them :-).

Have a brilliant day Mari, keep smiling and keep your chin up. You are an amazing young woman, Mother and sporting icon.

:-) :-) :-).

Matt

8:25 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Love the pic of you & Nancy~!
& as to trying to peel off a wetsuit & run....baaaaa-- I can't imagine... I look dorky enough trying ot get mine off standing STILL!

9:58 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Very nice picture of you guys.
I hope you are able to get in a practice swim! Fingers crossed.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lori said...

That was very nice of Nancy. I wish someone lived closer so we could work out together.

Great picture too.

Lori

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home