Monday, February 13, 2006

Bring it on packing it on

Happy Monday everybody. The start of a new week and for most the half way point of there 12 week challenge. Bring it ON!!! That's right bring it on. Just tell me how and I'm there. If only it were that simple. What works for me? I don't have the foggiest idea. I feel huge and my weight this weekend was 138. I haven't been this heavy since I got pregnant. Yes I do have more muscle, but you can't see it. Danny has convinced me to hold out with my plan 2 more weeks. I am however going to make sure all cardio is done first thing in the morning for 45-60 min. Hoping this is the edge I need to start dropping some fat. In 2 weeks I am going to get my BF% done at the gym and then I can see how I am really doing. Did you know the best time to test your body fat is at the end of the day. It is higher in the morning when your not hydrated. I always thought the morning was better. I feel smaller when I first wake up. I know it all takes time maybe I'm being inpatient. My first challenge I was excited at this point and having consistent changes. I think that is way I am frustrated. So, anyway that is that and all I can do is give these next 2 weeks my all and see where it brings me. What else is there to do, just have to keep moving forward. I figure that since I am getting stronger and feel more muscle that no matter where I go from here at least I will have some muscle to hopefully help me drop some fat in the long run. OK moving on I'm done fretting over it I'm over myself and moving forward.

We had a bit of excitement Friday night. Natasha had her first visit to the emergency room. She had been sick a few weeks ago, but since had been feeling better. Then Thursday she seemed stuffy and congested. She was waking a lot at night, which I attributed to the molar you can see rounding up her gum, but not yet cutting through. Anyway Friday it all hit her pretty hard. She was stuffy coughing and needed two naps both lasted over 2 hours. Friday night she was playing and seemed to get out of breath. She could not speak a word without trying to draw in a new breath. As she took in air her stomach pulled in some from the side with some wheezing. I called the doctor while Danny gathered her and started the car. We were sent to the hospital Danny got us there quickly which scared the hell out of me. He was afraid she would go into a full asthma attack. Luckily the hospital is 3 miles away. She was quite the trooper when we got there. She cried a lot at 1 1/2 years old she even cries when approached by a stethascope. Overall though she handle it all very well. When they backed off she stopped crying and even talked and waved at the nurses station. She had a nebulizer treatment for the wheezing and it helped right away. She was given a shot of steroids in the leg to help her lungs. She had a chest X-ray and pulse oxcimeter reading. They looked at her ears and throat along with the routine temp and respiration. So yeah, she cried poor babycakes. She has since only needed one treatment and is taking antibiotics, steroids and the nebulizer treatments. We were told she has a double ear infection and an upper respiratory infection. Her chest X-Ray is clear, thank goodness. As for the wheezing this is the first time it has happened, but looks like she may take after her dad. He has child onset asthma and is a nebulizer pro. She is holding up well still coughing and congested, but she is letting me type all this, so she is playing nicely for now. She can't go to day care this week. This means my challenge for the week is to workout before Danny goes to school. I may have to go to bed when Natasha does but if I stay organized this is doable. Today was hard after working two 16 hour shifts your body get pretty pissed for getting up at 5am. I will be surviving today by way of caffeine. I did the 60 min. cycle class at 5:30am and glad I stuck to me promise to get out of bed.

OK she gave me some time but time to run.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really good to hear your daughter was alright, she was obviously very distraught in her own way, but she clearly came through the real trooper.

You should be very proud of her, and yourself, for the influence you're clearly having.

I know you'll get the workouts sorted out, you're clearly very dedicated, and I wish you luck getting through what will be a testing week. You'll be fine I'm sure.

The other thing with testing bf% first thing, is not just lack of Hydration, but possible caloric storage whilst being sedentary at night, but by the end of the day, you should have burnt some calories off.

You could also feel smaller because after doing weights the day before, you probably wake up without a pump in the muscles you trained.

That's another reason why someone should get their muscle measurements taken "cold", not pumped, to avoid any false readings a pump would give.

Best wishes for the rest of week, and keep doing everything you're doing. Your family are very lucky to have you in their lives, and you definitely have a wonderful domestic setup, which is always great to hear about.

WELL DONE.

Matt

8:51 AM  
Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Awww, poor little baby! I hate it when the young ones are sick. I'm glad that she is on the mend.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Gosh hon!! what a way to start your weekend!!! I hate it when little ones ar sick too... It is soo scary when they are little cause you can't get them to tell you what feels like what... & they just cry or worse seem listless...
Glad you went & got things dealt with...

YOu are amazing trying to fit your workouts in...
YOU're making me feel guilty for thinking that I should skip mine cause I'm over tired & just spent 3 hours at the school packing & organising "candy grams" for tomorrow & feel like I'm brain dead!! ~LOL

12:30 PM  
Blogger David said...

I am glad to see that someone that is in the top 20 on Tracker is having a hard time with sticking to the plan. This gives me hope that I am not the only one that struggles with my thoughts when they say things like "this is not working, or you are still fat after all this work, you might as well quit becaseu you have not lost a pound in the last 2 weeks, or STOP STOP STOP this running on that treadmill is to hard you wimp". And then I scream in my mind a good old SHUTUP!!!!!!! I am doing what I want and I am making consistant progress even though I can't always see it, what is the alternitive? Size 40 pants maybe. I WILL TAKE THE TREADMILL!!!!

Pixy Thank you for your inspiration!

12:32 PM  
Blogger Hypertrophy said...

I just recovered from the upper resp infection myself, and I k now how it kicked my ass ... I can't imagine how scary it was for your little girl, and especially scary for both you and your husband. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

:)

JS

4:50 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wow, how scary. I was reading your post about your little girl, thinking of my own 1 year old upstairs asleep finally, whos all stuffed up and congested. I'll be sure to keep even a more watchful eye on her now.

Good just still getting the workout in - it's always more rewarding to me when it's challenging to see if I can fit it in when my normal schedule is off.

Laurie

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home