Thursday, February 02, 2006

photo time :P bicep ramble :D workouts :)

Yeah I totally skipped posting the 4 week pictures. I was disappointed in my lack of progress. I thought I would have changes because my 4 weeks in challenge one I did pretty good. This time I gave up alcohol and stayed away from processed carbs. I felt I had a better grip on my workouts and I am defiantly able to work harder. But, nope they don't show much of anything. Maybe I will do 6 weeks photos. I also had to get my picture taken without a shower and my face is still flushed from my cycle class, but Danny had to get to his homework. Congratulations to all of you with awesome changes you are all doing awesome.

I have a funny story. Last night I said to Danny (while he is trying to study) "I think I am getting better at hitting my bicep. I think it looks better"

Danny "Yeah, so when do you work them again?"

Me "Well I worked them Saturday next time is technically Friday because today is rest day, Sunday I ran, Monday was chest shoulder triceps, I can't do upper body splits on back to back days, so tomorrow is legs, but I just might to back and biceps too. That way I can get it in sooner, but if I do that I will probably not do the cycle class. That should be fine though because I want do my HIIT on the treadmill Friday, to see how far I can go. Anyway so it depends maybe tomorrow."

OK at this point he says "Did I ever show you that stand up comic that talks about how he asks his wife how her day was and she goes on and on and he wasn't looking to hear every little thing she did"

Yeah it went something like that and we both got a good laugh out of it.

In the end he said "so you probably work them again tomorrow"

me "yup"

OK so sometimes wives ramble it was funny. Probably more funny when it happened, but thought I would share my workout ramble with ya.


Legs
squat w/ barbell 30x60 warm up .....change diaper
standing single leg curl 10x30 8x35 6x35
super squat 25x70 20x90 20x110
leg extension 10x50 8x165 6x180............no Teresa I did not try 210

Back
wide pull down 20x75 10x90 6 97.5
bent over barbell row 20x40 14x50 6x60
bent over dumbbell lateral raise 14x15
bicep
barbell curl 20x30 15x35 (plus 5 1/2 down and contract up) 9x40
incline dumbbell curl 15x20 10x25 0x30..But I tried
super set hammer curl 15x15

assist pull up 15 assist of 82lb
13 assist of 70lb

6 Comments:

Blogger Mari said...

oh I took them I just don't have any changes.

7:06 PM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

I checked your profile in tracker. You look pretty lean already. Perhaps that's why the changes are not too noticeable? I know that once you get close to your ideal weight/bf%, the changes are slower to come by. But you're doing awesome with your workouts, expecially with the running. Just keep going and I'm sure you'll be seeing some positive changes with your body in the near future. Good luck!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm waiting till week 6 for pics too...shhhh ;)
but even then I'm no where near where you are!
LOL on the convo with the hubby .. they really DON"T want to hear everything all the time do they?? :) ~lol..

10:07 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Hey Mari - here's the oatmeal guck you asked about - hope you see this!!!!

1.5 cups slow cooking oatmeal
2.5 cups water
2 cartons egg whites - thats 32 egg whites (I've upped this quite a bit & yeah I know it sounds like alot but the ratios are good)
2 heaping tbsp splenda
pinch of salt
pinch of nutmeg
about 1 or 2 tsp cinnamon - depends on how much you like
1.5 cap fulls of vanilla
1 cup raisins

Put all the ingredients in a large pot except the egg whites. Bring to a boil & start slowly adding the egg whites stirring continuously. It will thicken almost immediately - keeping adding slowly & stirring. By now bring the temperature down to about medium depending on how much your pot burns stuff (you know how some pots are worse than others?). The second container is going to seem like alot but it will eventually cook up. With the second container add the raisins. Just keep cooking & stirring till it gets gloppy & thicker. There might seem like there's moisture still in it but as it chills it goes away. I divide this up into 5 servings. This what I've figured out per serving divided into 5 servings (its the best I can do) CAL - 311/Fat - 7%/Carb - 58%/Prot - 35% - seems like the carbs are high compared to the protein doesn't it.

Any questions - let me know.

Have a great day - Tracey

5:25 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Mari, I have to laugh about the discussion you and your husband had. I've been a part of those, too! Actually, on both sides of 'em!

You are doing great! Keep it up!

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hay there Mari.

Noticed you on my blog and thought I'd come and check you out :-).

Can I say firstly, your bf% as of January is awesome. To get below 20% is a wonderful achievement, and you did look superb in the photos.

Secondly, congrats on the training. You're shifting some pretty amazing weight levels there, and deserve to be proud of yourself.

Thirdly, I kind of know from experience about your feelings, regarding the passing of the person you went to school with.

I'm honestly not trying to re-open old wounds, patronise you, or sound like I understand what you went through, but when I was 18, someone I knew from my first school, died in a car accident in Spain.

We went to different schools after the age of 11, as is the way here in Britain, I went to a basic state school, his father being a Doctor decided to send him to a fee paying school, and I must have seen him around, about 3 or 4 times in the following 7 years.

He was celebrating some exams, with 3 other people, and staying in a Villa owned by the family of one of the others.

2 died in the crash, and one was him.

I know it must have been tough for you, and I can only imagine what you went through, but I just wanted to say, you appear to have dealt with things really well, and it is not easy to take this stuff, but well done anyway, you are clearly a pretty strong person on the inside :-).

As for the thing where you shouted at your daughter, I'm not a parent, but I can tell you are 100% dedicated, and loving to your daughter. You love your own body keeping it healthy, so therefore you clearly love your own daughter, of that I believe there is no doubt.

I have never yet heard of a fitness Mum, that wasn't like that.

You just did something human, and forgivable, no one should blame you for that, or judge as a mother.

I hope you keep getting what you want from this. You clearly deserve it.

Keep up the hard work, and keep smiling. You've a great life, a great lifestyle, and it's awesome ot see people like you succeeding so much :-).

Matt

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home