Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I love the runners high!!!

The race was awesome the weather was perfect and what an awesome park that was. I did so much better then I expected. I'm still feeling the race high good times for sure. I was also feeling the love since my Aunt, cousin, husband , daughter and my work partner and her husband and two kids all came to watch. I still have the number 20 marked on my arm and I don't want to wash it off. I do smell like pond water so it will have to go ha ha. It took my 11 minutes to swim the 1/4 mile. The water never felt cold and it was easier then in the pool I felt like I stayed on the top of the water better. It was however very very hard. While swimming I was thinking I can not do the 600 meter. I mostly swam on my side some breast stroke and the occasional forward crawl or free style. To my surprise I was no wear near the last swimmer. The group was fairly big my aunt said at least 30 still in the water when I hit transition. My place out of the swim 11th. This is for those of us doing the 400 meter there was an option to double the swim and do the 800. Your transition time is included in your run time. For me this was 15 minutes 5 seconds. I was the 8th runner in and the second girl. My time for the entire event was 26 minutes and I don't know the seconds. It was all posted when I left so I have all these numbers in my head.
It was great and hard I'm doing it again for sure. Thank you to everyone you made my day with your comments!!
Woohoo :D

7 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

MARI, YOU ROCK!!! You are my hero girl. 2nd woman in??? Daaayuuum! I am in awe at your talent, you're incredible. You make me want to try one too :)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I wish I could have been there to cheer you on! So impressed AND inspired. You almost make me want to start swimming.

Thanks for sharing your high with us!!

1:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter too much about the result Mari. You finished and now have the right to call yourself a bone fide Tri-athlete.

You could also all yourself an athlete of sorts, if you wanted to. To me you qualify to have such a title, as you've done something a bit more "serious" than just a fun run, or a 5k for example.

You deserve to be proud of yourself, because to get to this stage is never easy, and even entry level races like yours might have been, are still hard to train for, and many wouldn't.

I wouldn't, as it's not my thing, so kudos to you for it, and I know it is a significant point in your journey, to physical attainment.

Something that defines your progress, and hopefully marks the start of greater thigns for you, and more athletic refinement, and achievement.

WELL DONE, keep up the hard work, and don't let anyone or anything stop you, because this proves what you can do as an individual, when you're consistant week in week out, with the lifestyle, and it proves you have the ability and human skills, to improve on this, and take yourself to the next level, whatever and wherever the happens to be.

You've done fantastically well. So feel proud, and keep going. You're a star, and a wonderful rolemodel for your daughter to look up to.

Matt

6:11 AM  
Blogger FV Tom said...

Dang, Mari, you are an animal! Way to attack that race.

8:02 AM  
Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Way to go, Mari! 2nd woman in is tremendous! Especially if it's your first time doing this! A big congratulations to you!!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger bethkk said...

OMG, you are amazing! What a great feeling that must have been! You are such an inspiration...you should be TOTALLY proud of yourself!

6:27 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

OMG Mari, that is so flippin awesome...I am soooo proud of you. I have so missed your posts girl. You have such a zest for life Mari, and it shows...I am so doin a waynes world right now..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy."
Hugs
Christie

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home