Friday, December 30, 2005

Good-bye 2005

It has been a busy year. It shore did fly by. I got a lot accomplished this year. I switched jobs in Febuary. It turned out I made the right choice because the site I left is not doing well. The shift I worked was eliminated this December. I started my BFL in March and ended in May. May 3rd I ran my first race a 5K(3.1miles). It was record cold and a hilly windy coarse and in spite of that I was first for my age group. The race it self took me 23 min and 56 sec. My second race was by far my best. It was a perfect morning and it was a warm day. June 4th I ran a 10K(6.2miles) in 46min. 22sec. placed 7th overall, first for my age group and lost first place for overall women by a sprint to the finish, she beat me by 12 sec. If only I knew I was in first the entire way, oh well next time. On July 1st I ran my first cross-country trail and was happy with my time. I was battling shin splints at the time and did the 3 mile run in 22 min. 33sec. I was the captain of a 4 week challenge on tracker in July and suffered a neck injury right before the final week. The first week in October Danny got accepted to X-ray school, thank goodness. On October 23rd I ran the Detroit 1/2 marathon in 1 hour 48min. and 48sec., it was a blast. I learned a lot this year. I believe anything is possible if we take the time to plan and train. I know how to push myself to new limits. Hell I pushed myself into a tron neck muscle and shin splints. Natasha taught me plenty this year and watching her grow up is one of the happiest aspects of my year. I also learned you never stop falling in love. I have always felt that my love for Danny grows over time. Just when I think there is no way to love a person more then this, I fall in love with him a little more. Love is a wonderful thing it has an infinite capacity.

What is to come for 2006....

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

What a busy 2005 you had! I hope that someday I will be so active in races. Here's wishing you and even better 2006!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

HAPPY NEW YEARS MARI!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Colorado Kid said...

I wish all the best and success in 2006... We can be the best we have ever been in 2006!!!!

Casey

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home