Tuesday, December 27, 2005

locker talk

I am totally amazed by the girls locker room. It is chalk full of girls of all ages and sizes. It amazes me how easily they prance around. Some do this naked, some in their thongs, others in white hanes her ways. They strap on a bra and stand at the mirror. They blow dry foundation and maybe some mascara. Then they dress on there way out the door. They slip into there clothes like I slip on my shoes. I am in total awe at how comfortable these girls must be in there own skin to drop everything in what I consider to be a not so private place. I wonder if this is part of your personality or does it come with time. Will there be a day that I do not run for the changing stall? I am also good at the get changed under the little white towel. OK tiny towel if it gets any shorter my butt will be hanging out and I will need two just to make it to the stall. I find it empowering that there are women out there that comfortable in there skin. So, if you can drop your stuff in the locker room and do your thing I applaud you. Will I join you no, I can't. I just can't. Just my thought.

1 Comments:

Blogger PartTimeMom said...

I change into a towel to shower and out of a towel into my bra and unders in a stall (we don't have changing stalls just bathroom stalls - ick) I only walk around in my unders long enough to walk to my locker and pull on my clothes. I dont change under a towel but I don't 'prance around' either. Maybe one day I will feel 'prancable'

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home