Friday, January 13, 2006

Hello Day 11 & 12

Well, almost done with week two. I am a little tired, put not bad. I think the first challenge I did I took a lot of long naps. This time Danny isn't home, so good thing my energy is not bad. Yesterday was chest, shoulder, triceps and I did that at 9am. Natasha got up at 7am, so we were ready early. I got called off the floor again to change her diaper. I swear she always poops while we are there, no matter what time we go. This time I was pissed because you run off the floor in the middle of your workout and they know you want to go a fast as you can. I had to wait for another mom to come out of the changing stall and then a lady that worked there walked in front off me and took the stall. She changed her kid and even peed herself. Meanwhile I am standing outside the door trying to keep Natasha entertained in a tiny bathroom for 10 min. She was not happy with me to begin with because I took her out of the play house to change her. The lady that cut me is new and I already got the bad vibe from her the day before. Guess we will see how she does. She just does not seem like the child care type, I think she there because she can work and watch her son. The was shining and the temperature was up. It was nice to have some less depressing weather. I know in MA we still had snow and cold, but I don't recall missing the sun. Then I went to the 6:45pm spin class. OMG it kicked my ass. I drank my entire water bottle I was drenched. It was a hard class and I was beat. I had to run home before Natasha went to bed to give her a shower. Yup a shower my weirdo kid started hating her bath. I was running out of things to try to get her to stay in the tub. Turns out she loves the shower. I am still looking for the bath visor Janel told me about.This weekend is my first weekend working at Mt.Clemens General Hospital. It isn't a new job just a new location for me. This drops my commute from 50min. to 15 min. I am very excited, and on top of that my running partner from the marathon will now be my work partner. Yeah!

I would like to thank Jess for drilling in my head to write a plan. When I was having a blah Dec. she probably told me this 3 times. Plan plan plan have to have a plan. Write post it, read it. OK I have my plan and my goals, I write everything down, so I can keep upping my weights and keep it challenging, which also keeps it fun. It has made a huge difference and my challenge thus far has been great. Thank you Jess.

This is from yesterday
Chest
bench press 12x70lb 8x75 6x80
Incline press machine 15x70 10x80
dumbbell fly 10x17.5 6x20lb

shoulders
Arnold press 12x12.5lb 8x15lb 6x17.5
Dumbbell press 20x15lb 12x20lb 8x25lb
seated lateral raise bent elbow w/ no rest 20x12.5lb

Triceps
cable press down 30x50lb 14x60lb 10x67lb
dumbbell kick back 15x12.5 10x17.5 I think this is where I ran for diaper time.
Skull crusher 20x 20lb 12x 25lb shaky!
dips off bench 10 straight leg followed by 10 wide leg
push ups 20 and 10 more the girlie way (hardly able to get this in I was beat)

I played on the assisted pull up machine waiting for the guy to get off the incline machine. I did 16 narrow grip pull ups with an assistance of 70lb.

1 hour cycle class

Menu
1. Oatmeal egg white
2. Tuna and gala apple
3. Chicken sweet potato
4. 1/2 cup cottage cheese raw carrots
5. Mayo plex lite
6. Egg whites oatmeal (probably should not have had oatmeal this late, but Danny kept talking about cookies, so it stopped the hunger)



Edit: this is today this morning I wrote about yesterday
At the gym the new girl was on cleaning duty in child care. Wonder way they had her away from the kids. I wonder how long she will last. Danny is going out tonight when he gets out of school. I am jealous wish I had a night off. I am hoping to get out next week, it all depends on how much homework or test Danny has. This is why I feel like a stay at home mom that works full time. I do my 32 hours at work on the weekends, and then the rest of the week have no help at home. Monday is the worst because I have to get caught up on sleep laundry and housework. Natasha is also more clingy since she does not get to see me Saturday or Sunday. So, anyway that is my new motto the stay at home mom who works full time. I do love my shift at work, not many people can work full time and be home 5 days a week.

Natasha's molar came in. We just need to get through the one on the other side now. It was her third molar, but I was told they don't get them till they are 2. I'm hoping she doesn't start getting that next one till after my weekend. The 16 hour shift can be a long one but it is torcher if you are sleep deprived. Well, I'm off to get caught up with all the blogs.


Todays workout 1/13/06
Legs
Squat machine 25x260lb 30x260lb (opps didn't change my weight, must have been to busy catching my breath) 30x280lb
leg extension 20x97.5 15x105 15x120lb I put up 120 didn't think was going to be able to do it.
leg curl 10x75 8x80 8x90
calves( laying in squat) 35x180 30x200 25x210
walking lunge 20x20lb(dumbbells)
standing lunge 5x20lb dumbbell w/ no rest from walking
standing lunge 25x25lb plates for each leg
squat 25x25

Abs the crunch machine floor work
total body stretch

Menu plan
1.Oatmeal egg white
2.Tuna & gala apple
3.Oatmeal egg white
4.Chicken sweet potato & spinach
5. Salmon 4oz broccoli
6. 1 cup FF cottage cheese

6 Comments:

Blogger FV Tom said...

Awesome work, Mari! Keep it up!

Tom

8:49 AM  
Blogger Wolfie said...

Wow! It sounds like you've been the busy bee and kicking some booty at the same time! Great job! Keep it up!

4:44 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Great work!

They actually pull you out of your work out to change your child's diaper? Is that typical?

When I was 12-15, I had a job where I babysat kids for a 1 hour aerobics class, anywhere from 1-15 kids! Sometimes 2 or 3 infants at a time. Anyway, I had to change all the diapers. And I was paid 50 cents a kid. ! :)

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Yup they do it to all of us. I don't know if it has to do with certification or just a policy where I go. I don't really want anyone else touching my baby's bum anyway. So, guess it works out for all us crazy parents.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I'm surprised they pull you off the floor for that too?? I was never called away at my gym but I know what you mean...I like to be the one changing my son's diaper. No one else seems to do it right...lol. Why are we like that?
You really can lift some weight Mari! Your workouts sound kick ass, I need to plan more (and of course get those Bowflex Selectech dumbbells I've been dreaming of) *sigh*

3:06 PM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

I don't envey your schedule at ALL

It's cool that you get to stay home during the week, but man chick I can understand you being TIRED.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home