Wednesday, November 09, 2005

A wet night ....Very wet

Danny came home from work last night. Um he always comes home guess I should say when Danny got home from work last nigh at 10:30. Ok anyway I am tired but I will get the story out...yawn. So we were chit chaten how was your day ladie-da. I had to get in the shower, so he came with me. Dont you just love that! We went straight to room after that (you know why). So we are laying in bed still awake and its 12:30am. All the sudden we here a big wosh sound. The noise has not yet registers in my head and Danny is running down the hall. So, I jump out of bed and catch up to him on the living room. I think his hockey defense skills kicked in he reacted super fast. He opened the door to the hot water tank and a big rush of water came spraying out. He was instantly soaked and the pipe that was broke off was about face level. He turned the water off, I can not believe how fast he got it off. Our living room is soaked and the spray hit our entertainment unit a shelf and a tall floor lamp. The washer is soaked too it sits next to the hot water heater. We spent at least an hour drying everything off and piling all the wet towels in the tub. The worst part was today no water, no flushing toilets, no washing the sapping wet towels. The maintenance guys came by and put a big dryer pointed under the rug. Its some heavy duty thing looks like a giant whistle. Somehow I kept Natasha away from it without any drama. They said we are very lucky they have had some floods from the pipes braking and the carpet is floating. Ya we had one wet night and with a the clean up this morning I did not get to the gym again. No workout I am off to a bad start. I know I will be on a roll as soon as things calm down. I have my ultrasound tomorrow, just a technicality there wont find anything. I counted the weeks today and the way it works out I have my period just as many days as not getting it. I use to call it having my "friend" now we say the "bitch". Danny is a little hostel because "bitch" is putting a damper on or sexy life. LOL he is so funny. Have a good night.

8 Comments:

Blogger Janel said...

Hmhmmm hmmm..Dosn't SOUND like the bitch put tooooooo much restriction down.......LOL That stinks about your water heater, but at least minimal damage was done. At least you were home and could turn it off right away!

9:15 PM  
Blogger havlow said...

That really sucks about the water heater...I had a problem somewhat similar to that back in August in which we had a heavy rain, I'm at the bottom of a staggered set of condos and they drain gutters had been cut open by weedeaters all summer and all of the rain pooled under my bedroom window, found a way in and by the end of the night my floor was soaked. It happened so subtely that I didn't know it until my feet hit the floor that morning and my carpet squished. I'm willing to bet that whistles blowing drier is going to be there through the weekend as mine was in there for about 3-4 days. Hopefully it's going to get fixed soon as I'm sure the weather there in Michigan is not going to get any warmer.

10:09 PM  
Blogger KC said...

Glad you're staying so positive through life's little trials. I think there are truly legit excuses for missing work outs, and this one is on my list.

The Bitch is Back...I love it. I hate calling it my "friend", and who wants to call it what it is. I'm totally stealing that from you. The Bitch. Ha ha.

5:42 AM  
Blogger Steven said...

I had my first experience with water problems last night as well. I've been noticed the tile looked a little funny for about a week but didn't think too much about it. Then yesterday the trim looked weird. It was soaked that's why. The toilet had been leaking atleast a week. Then I started messing with it and water was going everywhere. Not fun. Mine should be an easy fix, hope yours is too.

I feel for ya.

9:41 AM  
Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Wow! and exciting night on all levels! Glad you got the water turned off and no one was hurt - (Isn't water out of the water heater, you know, HOT?)

Hopefully life will calm down for you soon!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Mari said...

No it was not hot it was the main pipe that put water in the tank. They put in a new pipe but its dripping. The carpet dryed and they just steam cleaned the livingroom. So glad they steped it up this time last time we had a problem took 2 days to get water back on and they left without AC for 4 days during the hottest dy in July. Natashas room was 105!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I had a sprinkler burst outside my bedroom window when I was in college. The carpet was totally soaked and they had to put the big air dryer under it. The dryer made the carpet flap all around and spew carpet bits all over the place - cleaning that up was the worst part. Hopefully your carpet was better than the cheap stuff I had in my apartment. Hope all went well with your appointment today. You're in my thoughts!

3:08 PM  
Blogger Mari said...

Than you everyone for thinking of me how sweet. The appointment went fine all clear. So, I am off the hook for the DNC for 3 more months.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home