Monday, October 10, 2005

Playing catch up

OK this is the first chance I have gotten to sit done. The vacation was great lots of sun. Snorkeling was amazing and I got to watch a big fish eat little fish. Toward the end of the cruise hurricane Tammy sent us 6 foot swells so the boat was rocking. We were all glad it settled before dinner. We met some great people, this one couple in particular we all clicked it was fun to have other people to hang out with. Doug and Shannon were also away from there one year old for the first time. They are super sweet the type of people you feel like you have known for a long time. We grew closer after Shannon had a miscarriage on day two. It was awful nothing the doctor on board could do to confirm this. I am still waiting to here from her hope they are ok it was a sad evening when they told us her spotting turned into full period. My cell phone was one of the few that actual worked out there so she got to call her own doctor and sister. She is inspirational through the entire ordeal she looked on the bright side thanking god for her 1 year old son Clayton. I am tearing up just thinking about it.

On a lighter note my mom had a blast watching Natasha. At times Natasha would sit in front of the front door and call mama. I shocked to find out that she had a way to express she missed me. I missed so much we are glad we went for 5 days we would not have made it 7. I got to play with her a lot today we are both worn out. I had to work my 16 hour weekends so I was still missing her today. She got so worn out she feel asleep in my arms, she never does that. I still have to find her a Halloween costume. I wanted to make her a football, but never knew how hard it would be to find a brown hoody.
Running is going good still painful but not getting worse and recovering quick. I have to up the ice I have been slacking with that. The 1/2 marathon is coming up so Clint has me doing alternating 8 then 6 miles every other day. The Family challenge is not fairing so well. My sister already gave up. Danny is bummed no points for food or exercise today, but in his defense he had blood work done today them an emergency visit to the dentist for cracked chipped tooth that had to have the root capped. Just a bad day to start. I have a wedding Sat. and I am dreading putting on my dress. Ya we both have some vacation pounds to lose. Who new cruises had 24 room service and chocolate buffet. We told our selves we were going to go and enjoy and no fretting over cruise pounds but its hard not to fret when the jeans are a little snug.

I run my first 8 mile in a long time tomorrow hope it goes well. Oh and one more thing I am I lost last week but am again winning this week in fantasy football, so excited to beat those boys.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janel said...

Yay Mari youre back! Sounds like you had a great time!! I can't believe you run that much- I am in awe!!!

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home